All across the country, patients, clinicians, and community members are getting involved to share information and improve access to hepatitis C care. See below for resources on hepatitis C and liver disease. Let’s work together to end hepatitis C!
Hepatitis C Resources
National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable (NVHR) advocates at the federal level for increased access to hepatitis B and C prevention, testing, treatment, and care services.
- Join NVHR
- NVHR Advocacy Resources
- NVHR Baby Boomer Testing Provider Resources
HCV Advocate is a non-profit organization that aims to improve the lives of people living with hepatitis C through education, outreach, and patient advocacy.
- Sign up for the monthly Newsletter
- Find a helpful Glossary
- View Spanish-language resources
- Review basic fact sheets
Hepmag is a resource that provides news, education, and support for persons affected by HCV.
- Sign up for the Newsletter
- Check out hot topics in hepatitis
- Join a Community Forum
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a federal agency tasked with improving the health of the U.S. population through research, intervention, and policy. The CDC offers a wide array of resources on Hepatitis C for patients, communities, clinicians, and professionals, as well as information on health policy priorities and initiatives.
- CDC recommendations for Hep C screening
- Key points about Hep C
- Resources for Professionals
- Health Policy at CDC
The World Health Organization (WHO)has updated the guidelines for screening, care, and treatment of persons with chronic hepatitis C infection. Read more in their Policy Brief.
The National Conference of State Legislatures is a bipartisan, non-governmental organization that aims to support state legislatures and their staff through innovation, communication, and policy. The NCSL has done considerable work to address Hepatitis C and other issues surrounding chronic disease, such as healthcare cost and quality, insurance access, and health reform.
Liver disease and cancer resources
The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases is an international organization of scientists and health care professionals with a shared mission to prevent and cure liver disease.
- Check the Press Room for updates
- Become a Member
- Learn about Hepatocellular Carcinoma
The American Liver Foundation is a non-profit organization that promotes liver health and disease prevention through advocacy, education, and research.
- Learn about the link between Hepatitis C and the Liver
- Join a Support Group
- Subscribe to the LiverLowdownNewsletter
- Join ALF’s Advocacy efforts
Cancer Support Community is dedicated to advocacy, service delivery, and research that will empower and educate people whose lives are affected by cancer.
- Learn more about Liver Cancer
- Find resources about Living with Cancer
- Become an Advocate
Blue Faery is a non-profit organization whose mission is to prevent, treat and cure primary liver cancer, specifically Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC), through research, education and advocacy.
- What you need to know about HCC(in English, Spanish, and Mandarin)
- Join the Liver Cancer Community group (for patients with HCC and their caregivers)
- Connect on Facebook
- Check out the Blue Faery Podcast